STARTING A NEW activity
Interested in starting a new activity (or promoting an existing one) for LGBTQ2+ adults, and making Edmonton sports & rec more inclusive?
By joining forces with Team Edmonton, you'll tap into a diverse community of people looking to join in and take part in something, whether it be for fitness, enjoyment or simply to meet new people. Together, we can give LGBTQ2+ adults a wide variety of sports & rec options and provide opportunities for them to connect in positive, affirming spaces.
HOW WE SUPPORT you:
As a Team Edmonton activity leader, you can:
- Contribute in Edmonton's LGBTQ2+ sports & rec community.
- Promote your activity using your own unique teamedmonton.ca email address (e.g. <yourActivity>@teamedmonton.ca).
- Make use of Team Edmonton's online platform to promote your activity, including our website, monthly e-newsletter (1300+ subscribers), and Facebook group (1,000+ members) and other social media platforms.
- Gain exposure @ Edmonton Pride: March with Team Edmonton in the Pride Parade and promote your activity at our Pride in the Park exhibitor booth.
- Gain exposure @ Team Edmonton's sporting and social events.
- Lean on Team Edmonton for start-up and ongoing communication support.
- Gain access to information/resources that will help you be successful (i.e. how to be inclusive/accessible, how to access City facilities/space, etc.).
- Partner with Team Edmonton/other activity leaders on community sports & rec initiatives.
how it works:
- Apply! To become a Team Edmonton activity leader, you first need to apply. Through the application process, we learn about you/your activity and what we can do to help you be successful.
- We'll get you started. Once your application is approved, we'll get you set up by:
- providing you with a dedicated liaison who is your direct connection to Team Edmonton and who can provide you with support and answer any questions you may have.
- providing you with a <yourActivity>@teamedmonton.ca email address that automatically forwards to your preferred email address.
- promoting your activity on our website and monthly e-newsletter.
- making you an Administrator on our Team Edmonton Facebook Group so that you can interact directly with our online community.
- Take it away! As a Team Edmonton activity leader, you can run/manage your activity as you see fit, so long as you adhere to Team Edmonton guidelines for using our platform and fostering community/positive experiences/safe, inclusive spaces.
- Touch base regularly. We'll be in touch to provide ongoing support and include you in Team Edmonton events throughout the year!
READY TO GET STARTED?
We're looking for volunteers to lead the following activities:
- All Bodies Swim
- Cross country skiing
- Indoor Climbing
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Ultimate Frisbee
- See something missing? Start your own!